07 September 2009

Cafe Sunflower, Atlanta GA

I recently visited Atlanta, GA to pet the sharks and rays at Georgia Aquarium and to taste a variety of sodas at The World of Coca-Cola.

While in town, my boyfriend also took me to dinner at Cafe Sunflower.
We shared an appetizer of Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Dip:
This was tasty, but as you can see, more a dish for only one. I would definitely love to learn how to make this dip at home. Seems it might be easy enough... I should hunt for a recipe!

Then he had the Peppercorn Crusted Tempeh:
It seemed a bit over-spicey to me. The tempeh certainly packed enough punch, but the potatoes were highly seasoned as well. It looks pretty, but tasted like nothing special.

I resisted my urge to eat my favorite food (burrito - this one would have had fake steak, something I've not tried) and instead ordered the Vegan Polenta Napoleon:
Looks gorgeous, doesn't it? I ate the portabella, a few bites of the coconut corn cake, and half the mock ham. The veggies on the side were wonderful - cooked until just tender. It was a unique taste for me, but not one I'd ever crave.

Finally, we shared a dessert - Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cake:
This was creamy and sweet and fantastic. It tasted so good I have sincere doubts I would be able to create something like it on my own.
If we had only appetizers and desserts, the meal would have been perfect!
I really appreciate having had the opportunity to try out this veg restaurant, and enjoyed sharing my thoughts (and pics!) of the experience here. I think I'll be posting more reviews of foods I eat that aren't things I've made myself.

rating: 3 pineapples

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some lovin'