30 August 2009

pizza revisited

So I had some left-over pizza sauce & "pepperoni" that I thought I'd better put to use before it's time is up. I used the same dough recipe from LDV as before for the ingredients, but read Pizza Dough - A Novel in VWAV this time. I'm sure the instructions are relatively the same, but I certainly didn't follow them the first time I made pizza. This time, as pictured below, I actually kneaded the dough for 10 minutes straight.


And what a difference that made! Instead of tasting like stale bread, it was soft, with a more pizza crust-like texture. I piled on the aforementioned "pepperoni" and used the remaining Follow Your Heart "mozzarella," only I didn't grate it, just sliced it. It would have been better grated, but at the moment the grater I have is 'fine,' more for lemon zest and the like, too small for cheese. It was still delicious.



rating: 4 pineapples

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some lovin'